IPL 2023 Format and New Rules: The Indian Premier League 2023 will be played in a home-and-away format, which will restore the excitement of the game back to its original location. During the IPL 2023 season, each of the 10 competing clubs will compete against one another in a total of 74 matches. (IPL 2023 Format New Rules).
The event will be played using a group stage, followed by playoffs to determine the winner. The competition was held in this home-and-away format for the very last time in the year 2019. The BCCI had to make a number of adjustments in order to continue effectively hosting the event after the COVID-19 epidemic that occurred three years ago.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has restricted the number of venues for the past three editions of the Indian Premier League (IPL). The 2022 tournament was held in Mumbai and Pune; in 2021, the tournament began in a select number of Indian cities before moving to the United Arab Emirates; and in 2020, the IPL took place entirely in the UAE.
The most recent iteration of the competition was played at six separate locations in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad. The league stage matches were held at four different locations in Mumbai and one in Pune, while the playoffs were held in Kolkata and Ahmedabad respectively.
In the 2023 season of the Indian Premier League, each team will compete in a total of 14 league matches. Seven of those 14 matches will be played on their home turf, while the other seven will be played on the turf of their opponents (away). (IPL 2023 Format New Rules)
IPL Format 2023
IPL 2023 Format: The IPL 2023 edition will follow the same format as last year, but the sites will vary. The IPL 2023 format details are as follows:
- Two groups of five teams each are created from the ten teams.
- The groups and who plays who in each group once and twice were chosen at random.
- Each team competes in 14 games during the group stage, playing the other four teams in their group twice (once at home and once away), the other four teams once, and the remaining team twice.
- System of IPL Points: A victory in a game earns a team two points. There will be no points awarded to the losing team. In the event of a tie or a deadlock, both teams will receive one point.
- After the group stage, a four-game playoff round using the Page playoff format is played. In the playoffs, there will be four games played:
- First qualifying round: matchup between the top two teams from the group stage.
- Between the groups’ third and fourth-placed teams, in the elimination round.
Updated IPL 2023 Rules
The BCCI brought up a significant development in IPL history when they implemented the Impact Player Rule for the 2023 season of the Indian Premier League. The competition will, with this exception, play by the same rules as the last iteration. The particulars of the rules for the IPL 2023 are as follows:
- In the Indian Premier League 2023, there will be two DRS for each inning.
- In the Indian Premier League, players have the option to review wides and no-balls.
- In the event of a catch dismissal, the incoming batsman will take strike, regardless of whether or not the other batters have crossed the line. The only exception to this rule is if it is the final ball of the over.
- In the event that any team is unable to find their playing XI as a result of COVID-19, the BCCI will make an effort to reschedule the game for a later point in the IPL 2023 season.
- If rescheduling the match is not an option, the problem will be reviewed by the IPL Technical Team.
- In the Playoffs and the Final, if the Super Over or successive Super Overs are unable to be concluded because of some reason, then the team who ended higher in the league will be proclaimed the champion. (IPL 2023 Format New Rules)
What is Impact Player Rule
- Unless there are less than 4 foreign players in the playing Eleven, the Impact Player must be an Indian player.
- Only an overseas player who is part of 4 substitutes named in the squad sheet can be used as an Impact Player. There can never be a fifth foreign player on the field if a side adds an international player as an Impact Player during a game.
- At toss time, teams must choose 4 substitutes in addition to the starting X1; but, only one of those substitutes may be deployed as an impact player.
- The Impact Player will be proposed by the Captain.
- Impact Players may be used before the start of an inning, following the end of an over, following the fall of a wicket, or following the retirement of a batter at any point in the over.
- Players who are replaced by Impact Players (“Replaced Players”) are not allowed to participate in the rest of the game or come back as substitute fielders.
- An Impact Player is not permitted to serve as a captain, according to the BCCI.
- In the event that it becomes necessary, an Impact Player may replace a retired batter.
- Each match allows for the usage of one Impact Player for each team. , a………. Teams can decide whether or not to utilize the Impact Player.
- If a player is hurt while fielding in the middle of the innings, he is unable to continue playing even if the team substitutes an impact player.
- A substitute fielder may only replace an injured player in the event of an injury to the impact player during play if the umpires are satisfied.
- The replacement is not allowed to bowl or serve as captain.
- The player off the field for the replacement will be subject to penalty time for the batting and fielding teams in accordance with the game’s rules.
IPL Auction Rules for 2023
IPL 2023 Auction Regulations Now that the BCCI has decided to organize the IPL 2023 micro auction instead of the IPL 2022 mega auction, franchises have the advantage of being able to keep the majority of their players from the previous season.
- No organization will be permitted to spend more money on a player than they have available.
- At least 75% of each team’s entire budget must be spent.
- Franchisees won’t have access to the Right to Match (RTM) card option.
- Each squad should have a minimum of 18 players, and no side shall have more than 25 players.
- There can be a minimum of 17 and a maximum of 25 Indian players per franchise. Similar to this, the upper restriction for each franchise’s IPL 2023 roster is 8 international players, but there is no cap on the lower limit.
IPL 2023 Teams Homeground
The home and away structure will be used for this year’s Indian Premier League, and the BCCI has confirmed that this will be the case. As a result, fans will be paying particular attention to where each team plays their home games. (IPL 2023 Format New Rules)The information regarding the Indian Premier League 2023 home grounds is presented below. After the official announcements, any changes that have been made (if any) will be updated here:
|Chennai Super Kings||M. A. Chidambaram Stadium|
|Delhi Capitals||Arun Jaitley Stadium|
|Gujarat Titans||Narendra Modi Stadium|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Eden Gardens|
|Lucknow Super Giants||BRSABV Ekana Cricket Stadium|
|Mumbai Indians||Wankhede Stadium|
|Punjab Kings||Inderjit Singh Bindra Stadium|
|Rajasthan Royals||Sawai Mansingh Stadium|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||M. Chinnaswamy Stadium|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium|
IPL 2023 Team Owners
The information regarding the Indian Premier League 2023 owners for each participating team may be found in the following paragraphs. Afterwards, once the formal announcements have been made, any changes that have been made (if any), will be updated here:
|Chennai Super Kings||N. Srinivasan|
|Delhi Capitals||Sajjan JindalG. M. Rao|
|Gujarat Titans||Steve KoltesDonald MackenzieRolly van Rappard|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Shah Rukh KhanJuhi ChawlaJay Mehta|
|Lucknow Super Giants||Sanjiv Goenka|
|Mumbai Indians||Mukesh Ambani|
|Punjab Kings||Mohit BurmanNess WadiaPreity ZintaKaran Paul|
|Rajasthan Royals||Manoj BadaleLachlan MurdochGerry CardinaleShane Warne|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||United Spirits|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Kalanithi Maran|
IPL team captains for 2023
Format of the Indian Premier League 2023: Listed below are the information of the IPL 2023 captaincy for each of the participating clubs. Rishabh Pant is on the verge of losing this year’s Indian Premier League after surviving a near-fatal vehicle accident. As a result, the Delhi Capitals are anticipated to name their new skipper.
After the official announcements, any changes that have been made (if any) will be updated here:
|Chennai Super Kings||MS Dhoni|
|Delhi Capitals||David Warner|
|Gujarat Titans||Hardik Pandya|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Shreyas Iyer|
|Lucknow Super Giants||KL Rahul|
|Mumbai Indians||Rohit Sharma|
|Punjab Kings||Shikhar Dhawan|
|Rajasthan Royals||Sanju Samson|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Faf du Plessis|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Aiden Markram|
Head Coach for IPL 2023 Teams
Format: IPL 2023 The following information pertains to the head coaches for each of the participating teams in the Indian Premier League 2023. After the official announcements, any changes that have been made (if any) will be updated here:
|Chennai Super Kings||Stephen Fleming|
|Delhi Capitals||Ricky Ponting|
|Gujarat Titans||Ashish Nehra|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Chandrakant Pandit|
|Lucknow Super Giants||Andy Flower|
|Mumbai Indians||Mark Boucher|
|Punjab Kings||Trevor Bayliss|
|Rajasthan Royals||Kumar Sangakara|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Sanjay Bangar|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Brian Lara|
IPL Winners List
IPL 2023 Format: The Rajasthan Royals took first place in the inaugural season of the Indian Premier League. Deccan Chargers Hyderabad — The team that won the season in 2009 has since changed the owner of the franchise and its name, becoming Sunrisers Hyderabad, and has since won the season in 2016. The Gujarat Titans are the current champions of the Indian Premier League (IPL). They won both the 2022 season and their inaugural season.
The following teams have won the Indian Premier League since the inaugural season in 2008:
|2023||Will Update Soon|
|2021||Chennai Super Kings|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2012||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings|
|2009||Deccan Chargers Hyderabad|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
IPL 2023 is the 16th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), a professional Twenty20 cricket league in India. The tournament features eight teams representing different cities in India, and is known for attracting top international players and large audiences around the world.
31 march 2023.
M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.
Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi.
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
D Y Patil Sports Stadium in Mumbai.
Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali.
Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi. and etc.
Answer: IPL 2023 is expected to be broadcast on television and online platforms around the world. In India, the tournament is typically broadcast on the Star Sports network and can be streamed online via the Disney+ Hotstar platform. International viewers can watch the tournament on various cricket-focused television networks or online streaming services. The exact details about broadcasting and streaming options for IPL 2023 will be announced closer to the start of the tournament.